Earlier this week, Microsoft held a virtual Surface hardware launch event where they unveiled Surface Go 2, Surface Book 3, Surface Headphones 2, and the delayed Surface Earbuds.
All of the new hardware is currently available for pre-order and will be available at retail in the coming weeks.
Alongside the upcoming availability of Surface Headphones 2 and Surface Earbuds, a new Surface Audio app has been released for Windows 10, Android, and iOS devices to help users manage and control their Surface audio hardware. The new app is also compatible with the first generation Surface Headphones.
As you will see in the gallery below, it is a simple app but gives the user several options for these audio devices to accommodate the preferences of individual users.
Here is quick run down of the apps capabilities and settings:
- Equalizer to choose between Flat, Classical, Jazz, Pop, and Rock sound schemes.
- Device Controls to select whether to use Cortana voice activation; touch controls, hear voice prompts, or use aptX audio for high quality sound.
- Language selection.
- Updater to download and install new firmware
Information options include:
- Device Details such as serial number, firmware and hardware version, factory reset, and paired devices.
- Tutorial videos for Surface Headphones and Surface Earbuds.
That is about it – short, sweet but functional.
Check out the screenshots in our gallery below for visuals of the app on Windows 10.
Surface Audio App (Windows 10) Screenshot Gallery