Major Nelson, aka Larry Hryb, just announced on his blog that an update for those shiny new Xbox One consoles has started going out today.
According to the post here is what you can expect to be updated:
- Addresses SmartGlass issues for some users when coming in and out of connected standby
- Addresses multiplayer issues for some users when re-joining games
- Addresses issues with inconsistent notifications for some users
- Addresses dashboard performance for some users
- Offers improvements for Xbox One’s TV, system update, and content update services for scaling over time
- Updated wireless networking driver to improve connectivity issues for some users
He also states that users of the Instant On feature will have the update automatically downloaded after you turn it off and at that point it will shut down completely. You will have to hit the power switch to turn the console back on after the update has downloaded and it will be installed at that point.
If you do not use the Instant On feature then you will be required to manually download the update after 4:00 PM PT on 12 December.
Source: Major Nelson’s Blog