Welcome to Episode 19 of the Observed Tech PODCAST.
We had an unexpected week off because I was sick last week but this episode brings us back feeling healthy and ready to talk tech!
A lot has happened in the two weeks since our last show including the first official glimpse of Windows 8 and the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles. We discuss both of those items as well as social media security; Angry Birds for the PC; Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper beta; Windows Phone 7 Marketplace Bulk App Publishing; Twitter’s new photo sharing service; Xbox Stats before E3; Google dropping old browser support; Tennessee’s new media related laws; NASA Ames Imagery of STS-134 liftoff; Microsoft Security Intelligence Report v10; Grammar Checking for Windows Live Writer; Xbox Live Extra’s Updated; Public and Private Facebook invitations; Microsoft E3 Xbox Announcements; French ban Twitter and Facebook. We also discussed our recent posts on WindowsObserver.com.
Links to all the stories and sources are in the show notes below.
Enjoy the show and thanks for listening!
- Windows Phone 7 App of the Week: WPCentral App
- 5 top social media security threats (InfoWorld)
- Angry Birds Now Available for your Windows PC (Digital Inspiration)
- Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper Beta (Microsoft)
- How Marketplace Manages Bulk App Publishing (Windows Phone Developer Blog)
- Twitter Unveils First Photo From New Image-Uploading Feature (All Twitter)
- A few stats before we head into E3 (Major Nelson)
- Google to drop support for old browsers (TechRadar)
- Did Tennessee Just Make It Illegal To Share Your Netflix Account (Mashable)
- Tennessee law makes posting scary images illegal (NeoWin)
- Videos and Imagery: NASA Ames Imaging Experts Create Unique Views of STS-134 Launch (OnOrbit)
- Microsoft Security Intelligence Report v10 Now Available (Microsoft Gulf Community Blog)
- Grammar and Spell Checking Plugin for Windows Live Writer
- Xbox Live Extras hits v1.6–Avatar Marketplace now Live! (WPCentral)
- 1,500 People Attend Girl’s Birthday Party After Public Facebook Invite (Mashable)
- Recap- Microsoft Xbox @ E3 announcements (LiveSide.net)
- French Ban Words ‘Twitter’ And ‘Facebook’ From TV, Radio (Huffington Post)
WindowsObserver.com Week(s) in Review:
- Twitter Web Interface Keyboard Shortcuts
- Original Bing Dynamic RSS Theme Gets First June 2011 Update
- Weekly Update to Bing Maps Aerial Imagery Dynamic RSS Theme
- Microsoft’s June 2011 Patch Tuesday Advance Notice Released
- Microsoft Analytics for Twitter
- NASA Posts HD Video of Endeavour and ISS Docked On Orbit
- E3- Kinect Fun Labs
- Windows 7 Theme- Shuttle Endeavour Docked at ISS
- Jackpot- Bing Maps Dynamic RSS Aerial Imagery Theme Update
- Use RSS Feeds To Track Hurricane Season Updates
- Windows 8 Gets Public Viewing
- Original Bing Dynamic Windows 7 Theme Updates Continue
Date Produced: 12 Jun 2011
Format: MP3, 128KBPS
This PODCAST is a member of the TechPodcast Network.