No secrets here anymore – Windows 8 gets a pretty solid public screening at the All Things Digital Conference by Steven Sinofsky and now the Microsoft Press Pass site has some goodies for you to devour. I think this means the press cycle is ramping up for the next version of Windows!
Microsoft Press Pass: Previewing ‘Windows 8’
Windows 8 Start Screen
Building Windows 8 Video #1
Here are links to some of the tech press coverage of today’s reveal about Windows 8:
- Making Sense of Our First Look at Windows 8 (All Things Digital)
- Walt Mossberg- Windows 8 is the biggest change to Windows ever (VentureBeat)
- Microsoft’s Steven Sinofsky offers look at Windows 8 (live blog) (CNET)
- Microsoft Finally Officially Unveils Windows 8, and It’s Radically Different (ReadWriteWeb)
- Microsoft Previews Windows 8, Strikingly Similar to Windows Phone 7 (Skatter Tech)
- Windows 8 Brings Entirely New Look And Feel, Unifies Touch And PC Interfaces (Huffington Post)
- Microsoft shows off Windows 8′s tablet UI (TheNextWeb)
- Windows 8- More than just Windows Phone on your PC (Mary Jo Foley – ZDNET)
Also did you notice in the video that it looks like Microsoft might be developing a new Twitter App for Windows 8?
I am really impressed at how fast the entire interface responds during the demo. I was thinking about a short term purchase of a slate however, I am waiting now for Windows 8 to come out to make that acquisition.