Happy New Year everyone and welcome to 2016!
I wanted to take a few minutes and look back at 2015 and reflect on the activitiy here at the site and tech things I keep an eye on.
Back in January of 2015 I started my latest/current endeavour – contibuting at the SuperSite for Windows. Over the course of 2015 I wrote 737 articles for SuperSite and have had the opportunity to interact and work with some great folks. I am loking forward to that continuing in 2016.
Since all of my written content efforts went towards the SuperSite for Windows that means here on WindowsObserver.com new content has consisted of just 30 Observed Tech related posts and 34 other articles. However, that has not meant a big slow down in traffic as content consumption has been great throughout 2015. As you will read at the end of this summary – we actually grew our traffic.
Here is a breakdown of some of the 2015 stats on WindowsObserver.com.
- Unique Visitors – 603K
- Number of Visits – 1.6 Million
- Number of Pages – 6.3 Million
- Total Bandwidth – 306GB
- Biggest Traffic Month – August (thanks to Windows 10 release on 29 July 2015)
- Average On Site Time – 483 seconds (8:03 minutes)
- Windows – 52.7%
- Unknown/Unidentified – 24.2%
- Mac OS – 13.3%
- Internet Explorer – 28%
- Unknown/Unidentified – 24.6%
- Google Chrome – 21.2%
Top Visitor Countries
- United States
- Great Britain
Top Search Engines for Referrals
- Windows 10: How to sign out using the new Start Menu
- The Gotchas of Amazon Prime Music
- Correct MMS settings for Nokia Lumia 520 on the Straight Talk network
Observed Tech PODCAST Stats
- Episodes – 31
- Listens/Downloads – 37,624
- Unique Listens/Downloads – 27,288
Top Observed Tech PODCAST Episodes
- Observed Tech Episode 158 (09 February 2015)
- Observed Tech Episode 171 (02 August 2015)
- Observed Tech Episode 165 (05 May 2015)
What has been terrific about the audience at WindowsObserver.com in 2015 is that it grew compared to 2014 by 142K unique visitors. All of this despite the reduced posting on the site (64 posts in 2015 compared to 280 in 2014).
That is a testment to all of you who visit and read WindowsObsever each day – thank you so very much.
In 2015 we also celebrated the 20th anniversary of WindowsObserver.com in August which was a big milestone and had us reminiscing about Windows 95 since that was the year this site began its existence on GeoCiites (SiliconValley/Heights/1094 was the address).
Back then it was called Another Windows 95 Links and Resources Page and it has been a tremendous adventure of learning, connections and experiences.
Here is looking forward to 20 more!