One of the updates available for Windows 8.1 systems on this first Patch Tuesday of 2014 includes performance and reliability improvements for the Windows 8.1 Store front.
Windows 8.1 Store improvements: January 2014 (KB 2913270) lists the following fixes in this update:
- Faster Windows Store launch time on Surface RT.
- Fixes an issue in which the fresh apps in the Windows Store Live Tile do not match the apps in the Spotlight.
- Fixes an access violation in Windows Store.
- Fixes an issue in which Windows Store crashes when you change the text or font size from default to larger, or from larger to default.
- Fixes an “Access Denied” error when you try to access Windows Store.
- Fixes an issue in which Windows Store crashes when you change the background color.
- Fixes an issue in which Developer license acquisition fails with a 0xC03F1014 error code.
This update applies to all versions of Windows 8.1 (x86/x64 and RT)
The Windows RT 8.1 update must be downloaded from Windows Update.