There seems to be a full update for Microsoft’s Security Essentials anti-virus/anti-malware software at the Microsoft Download Center that posted yesterday.
Microsoft Security Essentials is a free download from Microsoft that is simple to install, easy to use, and always kept up-to-date so you can be assured your PC is protected by the latest technology. Microsoft Security Essentials runs quietly and efficiently in the background so you’re free to use your Windows-based PC the way you want—without interruptions or long computer wait times.
Here are the system requirements for this update:
- Minimum system requirements for Microsoft Security Essentials
- Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3); Windows Vista (Service Pack 1, or Service Pack 2); Windows 7
- For Windows XP, a PC with a CPU clock speed of 500 MHz or higher, and 256 MB RAM or higher.
- For Windows Vista and Windows 7, a PC with a CPU clock speed of 1.0 GHz or higher, and 1 GB RAM or higher.
- VGA display of 800 × 600 or higher.
- 200 MB of available hard disk space.
- An Internet connection is required for installation and to download the latest virus and spyware definitions for Microsoft Security Essentials.
- Internet Browser
Just a reminder for all of you on Windows 8/8.1 – Microsoft Security Essentials is not required on your system because Windows Defender is already installed and running by default.
There are two versions available for download:
- x86 – 10.6MB
- x64 – 13.0MB
Thanks to @BogdanSPD for the tip.