Welcome to Episode 111. This is the show where we welcome Mauro Huculak from Pureinfotech.com as our regular co-host for Observed Tech. You may remember him from Observed Tech Episode 93 of the show which he guest co-hosted with me. I asked him to come back and be a regular and he graciously accepted. It is great to have Mauro and the new audience from Pureinfotech onboard!
Although we ran for just over an hour today as we tweak this new co-host format our goal will be to have the show at less than 60 minutes. Thanks for your patience as we get things settled in.
Although it is not the only subject on today’s show there is a lot of Windows 8.1 stuff ranging from what you should do before the upgrade and things you need to be aware of once you are on Windows 8.1. We also point you to several resources with great Windows 8.1 information.
Some other things that get discussed include:
- Microsoft can now sell Office 365 to the Department of Defense
- Cross platform Remote Desktop App from Microsoft debuts on iOS and Android
- Hiding the desktop mode in Windows 8.1
- Dropping RT from the 1st Gen Microsoft Surface’s name
- Review roundup for Surface Pro 2 and Surface 2 devices
- Save $100 on 1st Gen Surface Pro’s
- Going retail to see Surface 2
- Strong earnings by Microsoft for the first quarter of 2014
- Two million Office 365 Home Premium subscriptions sold with 1 million added in the last 6 months
- Nokia World announcements of the Nokia Lumia 1320, 1520 and 2520 devices
- Instagram, Vine and Flipboard finally coming to Windows Phone officially
Until next time enjoy the show and thanks for listening.
- Download Episode 111
- Subscribe in iTunes
- Subscribe in Zune
- Subscribe to Observed Tech PODCAST RSS Feed
- Subscribe to Observed Tech PODCAST by Email
Date Produced: 25 October 2013
Format: MP3, 128KBPS
This PODCAST is a proud member of the TechPodcast Network.
All of this episodes show links are available at our WiKi – Show Links: Observed Tech PODCAST Episode 111