Our friends over at Next Matters, the developers being Nextgen Reader on Windows 8 and Windows Phone, have just released the 5.1 update to their Windows Phone app.
Nextgen on both Windows Phone and Windows 8 directly supports the Feedly Cloud which was one of the more popular replacements for Google Reader when it shut down.
The app has the following features per the developers description:
- Clean, beautiful & simple design, inspired from Windows Phone with offline mode, multiple live tiles, image caching and a lot more.
- Dynamic subscriptions hub with featured section to find latest and popular feeds.
- Always read full articles without clutter (powered by Readability, Instapaper or Google mobilizer).
- Watch YouTube videos, share to social networks like Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Easily save articles to Instapaper, Read It Later & Readability for offline reading.
- Customize with tons of options available in settings.
The 5.1 update brings in many tweaks to the above features and a few new items:
- New gorgeous “Slate theme” for comfortable reading.
- New article view design (preload next/previous items for faster reading)
- New font style and text alignment options (via appbar menu -> view settings).
- New: Set open method per feed (e.g. summary or full article).
- New: Remember list style per feed (e.g. headline or headline + images).
- Fixed: Load summary when no internet connection or request fails.
- Fixed: Show image captions correctly.
- Other bug fixes and performance improvements.
This is one of the most actively maintained and updated apps I have chosen to purchase. They are also very active on social media and willing to take feedback via that method or through the app to help make it better.
It is well worth the investment for the quality of the app you get in return.