Last week I wrote on how Amazon was showing the pre-order battle between the upcoming Xbox One and PS4 gaming consoles with PS4 leading across the board on all of Amazon’s various country specific sites.
At that time the PS4 was leading the Xbox One on all of those sites.
Well today I saw a tweet from The Verge’s Tom Warren that indicated the Xbox One had jumped back into first place on the US Amazon site.
As you can see below it is in fact leading the PS4 now on the Amazon US Best Sellers in Video Games list.
That in turn prompted me to re-visit all of the sites I looked at last week to see if anything had shifted there as well.
Here are the results of that check:
- Amazon.de (Germany) has the PS4 at #1 and the Xbox One at #5 (a two spot drop).
- Amazon.co.uk (Britain) has the PS4 at #2 (dropped one spot) and Xbox One at #4 (a one spot drop).
- Amazon.fr (France) has the PS4 at #3 (a one spot drop) and the Xbox One at #7 (a one spot drop).
- Amazon.it (Italy) has the PS4 at #3 (a two spot drop) and the Xbox One at #16 (an 11 spot drop).
- Amazon.es (Spain) has the PS4 at #3 (a two spot drop) and the Xbox One at #105 (a 100 spot drop).
These stats are by no means conclusive of overall sales of these two consoles because there are many other online retailers offering them for pre-orders. So take the data for what it is and nothing more – a barometer of pre-order sales in different countries/regions.