App Spotlights is a new addition to the Windows Phone Store that has the ability to keep track of all the apps that get featured by Microsoft in the Windows Phone Store.
According to its developer, Sébastien Lechance, there is no easy way to find out each day which apps are featured because there are 121 markets and 2400 spotlighted apps each day.
Sébastien’s primary goal is to help developers know when their apps get featured in the marketplace but the app also allows consumers to browse what apps are being featured across the entire marketplace to find useful apps for their Windows Phone handsets.
Here is the description from the app details page:
App Spotlights is a perfect companion for Windows Phone app buyers and an indispensable tool for developers.
Windows Phone Buyers:
- Access to more than 2400 spotlighted apps from all 121 markets every day.
- Have more confidence when buying a spotlighted app.
- Consult three charts to find out the most spotlighted apps in the marketplace.
- Navigate faster than the built-in Store app when looking for spotlighted apps.
Windows Phone Developers:
- Get notified when your apps are in the spotlights in any markets. Share the news with potential buyers on your favorite social networks.
- Obtain a detailed history when your apps were in the spotlight in each market.
- Analyze the impact on your downloads when your apps are in the spotlight.
- Track the the visibility of your competitors.
- Toast and Live Tile notifications.
- Lock screen information from App Spotlights can be used.
- Fast loading and resume.
The app is available for $1.99, offers a trial version and is only available for Windows Phone 8 handsets. In the trial version the top 5 apps are hidden, a developer can only add one app to be tracked and notifications are disabled.
Download App Spotlights from the Windows Phone Store.