Since the release of Windows Phone 8 last month we have slowly been seeing updates released for apps to take advantage of the new hardware and capabilities of the Windows Phone 8 system.
The Bing Translator App for Windows Phone is very popular and has nearly 1,697 reviews that average out to four stars.
Some of the features in this handy app include:
- Use your camera to translate printed text, voice recognition to translate spoken text, or the keyboard to enter text that you want to translate.
- Use your phone’s camera to make translating signs, menus, newspapers, or any printed text a snap. Just aim the camera at the text and see the translation in secds.
- Download languages and phrase books so you can translate text and images when your phone isn’t connected to a network.
- Speak a word or phrase that you want translated and hear the translations spoken in a native speaker’s accent. Voice translations require a network connection.
- Improve your vocabulary with the Word of the Day on the Start screen.
One new feature with this update for Windows Phone 8 is the inclusion of a Lens for your Windows Phone 8 camera that directly access the app for translating images visible through your camera.