Welcome to Episode 46 of the Observed Tech PODCAST. First let me make this clear – there are no April Fool’s Day stories in this PODCAST!
So what we do spend our time talking about in this episode is a lot of positive press Microsoft has been receiving lately; the physics of Angry Bird Space; on Facebook your Timeline is ours; employee training and its importance; Amazon CEO to retrieve Apollo 11’s Saturn V engines from Atlantic Ocean; control your kid’s Windows Phone app download options; Windows 8 Developer Camps popping up; Metro philosophy at Microsoft; porting iPad, web and phone apps to Windows 8; AT&T keeping some Windows Phone updates to themselves; yes Twitterrers the Unfollow Bug does exist; survey reveals Windows Phone is holding its own against iPhone; folks are sick of Android; install Windows 8 CP on Samsung Series 7 Slate PC; enhanced security in IE10; Xbox used more for movies and music than gaming; Zeus disruption impact on SPAM; no Comcast bandwidth cap for streaming to your Xbox 360 Xfinity App; using Outlook 2010 to send text messages and Microsoft is censoring Pirate Bay links in Messenger.
We wrap up with a look at the past week on WindowsObserver.com.
Check out the notes below for links to all the sources.
Enjoy and as always thanks for listening!
- Download Episode 46
- Subscribe in iTunes
- Subscribe in Zune
- Subscribe to Observed Tech PODCAST RSS Feed
- Subscribe to Observed Tech PODCAST by Email
- What is up with Microsoft lately? (MSDN Blogs)
- Angry Birds Space: How the Physics Works (Mashable)
- All Facebook Pages get Timeline (ZDNet)
- In Retail, a Compelling Case for More Employee Training (Mindflash)
- Amazon CEO Bezos to Rescue Apollo 11 Rocket Engines From the Briny Deep (Mashable)
- How to control access to apps on your kid’s Windows Phone (Windows Phone Blog)
- Register Now – Attend a Windows 8 Developer Camp near you! (MSDN Blogs)
- Microsoft: Metro’s Not Just an Interface, It’s a Philosophy (Mashable)
- Porting iPad/Web/Phone Apps to Windows 8 Metro (MSDN Blogs)
- AT&T to offer Windows Phone OS update — just not yet (Microsoft Pri0)
- Twitter Admits ‘Unfollow Bug’ Exists [VIDEO] (Mashable)
- Revealing user survey proves Windows Phone a worthy adversary for iPhone, if only it had the apps (The Next Web)
- I’m sick to death of Android (ZDNet)
- Installing Microsoft Windows 8 Customer Preview on the Samsung Series 7 Slate PC (Rob Margel – Windows Help)
- Enhanced security in Internet Explorer 10 (MSDN Blogs)
- Xbox used more for movies, music than online games (Geek Wire)
- Has the Zeus disruption affected spam at all? (Terry Zink’s Cyber Security Blog)
- No Comcast bandwidth cap for on-demand Xbox video (Geek Wire)
- Send Text Messages Using Outlook 2010 (Outlook Blog)
- Microsoft confirms the censorship of Pirate Bay links in Messenger (The Next Web)
- Microsoft and partners disrupt Zeus botnets (Microsoft Malware Protection Center)
WindowsObserver.com Week in Review:
- TTT: Windows 8 Consumer Preview Metro Start Screen Keyboard and Mouse Navigation Walkthrough
- Weekly Windows 7 Dynamic Theme Updates for 30 March 2012
- Nokia Lumia 900 Windows Phone Online Ordering Goes Live
- TiVo Becomes a Teenager and Turns 13!
- Windows Phone App Flow- Beats, Flows and VJs
- Windows 8: Touch Gestures Explained
- Windows 8: Sync Your Settings Options and Improvements
- Windows 8: When Windows Store Apps Need Repaired or Updated
- MLB Pro 12 Released for Windows Phone
- New Apps On Xbox 360 Today Include Xfinity on Demand, HBO Go and MLB.TV
- Upgrading Your Acer Iconia Tab W500 Tablet
- Twitter Please Fix This Latest SPAM Outbreak
- Official Announcement: Nokia Lumia 900 and HTC Titan II Arrive on 08 April 2012
Date Produced: 01 April 2012
Format: MP3, 128KBPS
This PODCAST is a member of the TechPodcast Network.