Ever thought about starting your own business or maybe already heading down that path? How about free things – like those too? Well the two come in the same package thanks to My Own Business, Inc. a nonprofit which helps folks be successful in business whether they are starting out or are already established.
The two courses are offered for free via the web and are also offered in other formats for a fee. There are currently two courses being offered:
Starting My Own Business – Covers the necessary start-up preparations, including a business plan, operating pitfalls and business disciplines to avoid common pitfalls.
Building My Own Business – Reviews the appropriate internal controls, expansion opportunities, evaluation methods and exit strategies to grow and exit your business.
Each offer the following benefits:
- Official Certificate of Completion
- Multiple sessions covering key business topics
- Video clips from business professionals
- Graded quizzes to test your knowledge
- Top ten dos’ and don’ts in all sessions
- Easy access to all parts of the course
- Learn on your time, in your place, at your pace
You must register to receive the certificate when you complete the courses otherwise you can do the course with no registration but of course no certificate once your complete.