Welcome to our 22nd Episode of the Observed Tech PODCAST!
After letting you listen in on the crowd at Space View Park in Titusville, Florida during the final shuttle launch in the history of Human Space Flight for NASA we get down to business talking planet based technology. Items we discuss include 60% of Adobe users which use vulnerable versions of the software; Microsoft banning common passwords and introducing a new hacking alert system; Using a Microsoft FixIt to address power consumption problems on your laptop; the final 1,000 days of Windows XP; Patch Tuesday Security Bulletins; Versace’s censoring of comments on their Facebook page; websites to check if your credit card is stolen (not); Harley Davidson Museum and technology; Dropbox and Skydrive Terms of Service; Spam dropped by 82% in the past year; Office XP and Windows Vista SP1 retired. We then wrap up with a review of what we have been discussing on WindowsObserver.com.
Links to all the stories and sources are in the show notes below.
Enjoy the show and thanks for listening!
- Six out of ten users use vulnerable Adobe Reader versions (NeoWin)
- Hotmail bans common passwords and introduces hacking alert system (WinRumors)
- Fix power consumption problems and extend your laptop battery life (Rob Margel)
- Permanent Link to XP’s life support to be switched off in 1000 days (WinExtra)
- Microsoft security bulletin summary for July 2011 (Microsoft TechNet)
- Versace Deletes Facebook Protest, Prevents 500,000 Fans from Posting to Page (Mashable)
- Harley-Davidson Museum rolls into the future (CNET)
- As Dropbox drops users, we look at SkyDrive’s TOS (Liveside)
- Twitter confirmed to be coming back to Windows Live (Liveside)
- Spam Decreased 82.22% Over The Past Year (Mashable)
- Microsoft to retire Office XP, Vista SP1 next week (Computer World)
WindowsObserver.com in Review:
- WordPress 3.2 Released With Internet Explorer 6 Left Behind
- Original Bing Dynamic RSS Feed Gets Two New Backgrounds
- Weekly Bing Dynamic RSS Windows 7 Themes Image Updates
- July 2011 Patch Tuesday Security Bulletin Details Released
- Official WordPress Windows Phone 7 App Updating Soon to Version 1.2
- WordPress Gets Minor Update to Version 3.2.1
- Download July 2011 Patch Tuesday Updates As CD-ROM ISO Image
- Windows Home Server 2011 On Amazon for $66
- How to Turn Off Facebook’s New Browser Sidebar
Windows Phone 7 App of the Week:
Date Produced: 17 July 2011
Format: MP3, 128KBPS
This PODCAST is a member of the TechPodcast Network.