Just wanted to share a terrific series of posts by Jennifer Marsman who is a Microsoft Developer Evangelist.
These posts take you through the process of setting up your website so it can be pinned to the Windows 7 Taskbar by site visitors using IE9. It is an in-depth and terrific series on the subject.
- IE Pinned Sites Part 1: What Are Pinned Sites?
- IE Pinned Sites Part 2: Why Implement Pinned Sites?
- IE Pinned Sites Part 3: How to implement basic site properties
- IE Pinned Sites Part 4: How to implement Jump List Tasks
- IE Pinned Sites Part 5: How to implement dynamic Jump List Categories
- IE Pinned Sites Part 6: How to implement Overlay Icons
- IE Pinned Sites Part 7: How to implement Thumbnail Toolbar Buttons
- IE Pinned Sites Part 8: How to implement a Flashing Taskbar Button
- IE Pinned Sites Part 9: Patterns to make your pinned site code play nice in all browsers
- IE Pinned Sites Part 10: Pinned Site Resources
So after you read those posts check out this video interview of Jennifer on the Technology and Friends show where she talks about pinned sites.
If your site is pinnable let us know in the comments section so we can check them out.