Microsoft has released/updated a tool that makes it easy for you to report spam and junk email from within Microsoft Outlook.
The Junk E-mail Reporting Tool submits e-mail to Microsoft when you explicitly choose to do so. If you receive a junk e-mail and want to report it to us for analysis, first select the e-mail in Outlook and then click the Report Junk e-mail button on your tool bar. You will see a pop-up window asking whether you want to report the selected e-mail to Microsoft and its affiliates. When you click “Yes” to confirm that you’d like to report the selected e-mail as junk e-mail, the junk e-mail will be sent to Microsoft for analysis to help us improve the effectiveness of our junk e-mail filtering technologies.
Supported Operating Systems
Windows 7;Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2;Windows Server 2008;Windows Server 2008 R2;Windows Vista Service Pack 2;Windows XP Service Pack 3
Requirements for the 1.1 Junk E-mail Reporting Tool
1. Supported version of Outlook: Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
Requirements for the Junk E-mail Reporting Add-in
1. Supported version of Outlook: Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (Service Pack 2 or higher) or Microsoft Office Outlook 2010
2. Office Primary Interop Assemblies (Download the applicable packages)
• To download the PIAs for the 2007 Microsoft Office system, click here
• To download the PIAs for Microsoft Office 2010, click here
• Follow the instructions in the download page to install the primary interop assemblies.
3. Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 or higher, click here to download
There are three versions of this add-in available for download:
- For Office 2003 32 bit
- For Office 2007 and 2010 32 bit
- For Office 2007 and 2010 64 bit