The 11th of May, next Tuesday, is the second Tuesday of the month so that makes it Patch Tuesday. This is the day Microsoft releases all the critical system updates for its software and operating systems.
There are only two updates this month – pretty slow day in comparison to recent Patch Tuesday’s.
- Bulletin 1 is for a Critical Remote Code Execution issue in Microsoft Windows
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP (SP2 and SP3)
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows 7
- Bulletin 2 is for a Critical Remote Code Execution issue in Microsoft office and Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications
- Microsoft Office XP
- Microsoft Office 2003
- 2007 Microsoft Office System
- Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications
- Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications SDK
Of course they will provide full details when the updates are released on Patch Tuesday.
You can follow the Microsoft Security Response Team on Twitter at @MSFTSecResponse
On the day after Patch Tuesday you can tune into a webcast that will talk specifics about this set of patches using the below details:
Date: Wednesday May 12
Time: 11:00 a.m. PDT (UTC –8)