The MS Security Response Center has sent out their advance notice for the upcoming Patch Tuesday security fixes. The patches are due to be released on 11 August 2009.
- 5 with a Critical Severity rating (all deal with Remote Code Execution). They affect:
- Bulletin 1 – Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft ISA Server, Microsoft BizTalk Server
- Bulletin 2 – Microsoft Windows, Client for Mac
- Bulletin 3, 4, 5 – Microsoft Windows
- 4 with an Important Severity rating
- Bulletin 6, 7 – Microsoft Windows, Elevation of Privileges
- Bulletin 8 – Microsoft Windows, .NET Framework, Denial of Service
- Bulletin 9 – Microsoft Windows, Remote Code Execution
Microsoft will also release an updated version of their Malicious Software Removal Tool on the same day.