Welcome to Episode 127.
This is the show that starts off talking about lunar eclipses, Office 365 personal and the Windows Phone 8.1 developer preview.
I recorded this show very early because I had already been up for a few hours watching the full lunar eclipse that was visible from my backyard.
After sharing those images on my Twitter account, @WinObs, I finalized preps for the show and was pointed towards the news about Office 365 Personal being made available which was expected since their announcement a few weeks ago.
Then instead of my normal Start Up segment I shared my initial observations of the Windows Phone 8.1 developer preview that was released Monday morning to a very enthusiastic Windows Phone fan base. The additions it brings to the OS rounds things off very nicely.
However, those were not the only items on the radar to keep an eye on this week so here are some other areas I discussed:
- One Microsoft
- Terry Myerson’s interview with Mary Jo Foley
- End of custom Live Domains service from Microsoft
- Interactive Live Tiles
- Windows Phone 8.1 reviews
- Evolution of the Lumia
- Windows Phone 8.1 security and device management
- Universal Windows Apps
- Windows Phone 8.1 tips
- Microsoft accepting Windows Phone 8.1 apps
- Windows 8.1 and Windows 8.1 Update
- Adding the power icon back on your Surface device
- Tips and Tricks for Windows 8.1
- Windows 8.1 Update gives you the UI for your device
- IRS will pay for Windows XP updates
- Before they loved it people hated Windows XP
- The post Windows XP world and how we arrived at it
- XP based servers still behind 6,000 websites
- Risks associated with running Windows XP now
- Office 365 continues to pick up new contracts and clients
- Office Online available in Chrome Store
- Updates to Word and Excel Online
- More Phil Spencer information
- Another Xbox One update rolls out
- Facebook and their Messenger App
- Facebook fights Newsfeed spammers
- Twitter notifications on the web
- Nearly half of Twitter accounts never send one tweet
- Heartbleed and security
- Windows Phone Bing apps lose the Bing in name only
- Amazon buys comiXology
- Best Amazon Mayday support calls
- XP retirement slows PC sales drop
- T-Mobile eliminates data charges for tablets and stops overage charges
- Bing Translator plugin for WordPress
- Washington state throws out PC’s full of personal information
- Three charged with stealing Xbox information from Microsoft
- Microsoft’s Scroogled campaign may be over
- Laptops impacting coffee house revenue
Until next time enjoy the show and thanks for listening.
- Download Episode 127
- Subscribe in iTunes
- Subscribe in Zune
- Subscribe to Observed Tech PODCAST RSS Feed
- Subscribe to Observed Tech PODCAST by Email
Date Produced: 15 April 2014
Format: MP3, 128KBPS
This PODCAST is a proud member of the TechPodcast Network.
All of this episodes show links are available at our WiKi – Show Links Observed Tech PODCAST Episode 127