Welcome to Episode 106.
Are you a tech horder like me? I have been methodically going through boxes of old computer tech over the last few days and finally sorting it all out to be donated. It has created an unintended walk down memory lane for me.
I mentioned the Windows XP – Y2K story last week and since then the discussion has heated up with nearly 90 comments on the story since last weeks show. I spend some time today discussing some of those comments to give you an idea where people are coming from on this Windows XP end of support.
Some other things that come up in this episode include:
- Windows XP activation servers shutdown
- A lot of schools are still running Windows XP
- Suggested solutions to the upcoming XPocalypse
- New IT project found running on Windows XP and Office 2003 down under
- New IE vulnerability being addressed with temporary fix
- What Microsoft’s Nokia phones purchase means
- More big name apps arrive on Windows Phone
- Microsoft should just give away Windows Phone
- Windows 8.1 availability details emerge
- Gartner delivers Windows 8.1 upgrade advice to Enterprise customers
- The new stuff in Windows 8.1 RTM
- Microsoft wants your non Microsoft devices as a trade in
- Best free alternative to Microsoft Office
- Google Hangouts continue to improve
- IE11 Preview update
- Grab Rainbow Six Vegas with Games for Gold
- Bing makeover
- Simple aliases on Outlook.com
- Office 365 training resources
- Office training in general
- Surface 2
Until next time enjoy the show and thanks for listening.
- Download Episode 106
- Subscribe in iTunes
- Subscribe in Zune
- Subscribe to Observed Tech PODCAST RSS Feed
- Subscribe to Observed Tech PODCAST by Email
Date Produced: 19 September 2013
Format: MP3, 128KBPS
This PODCAST is a proud member of the TechPodcast Network.
All of this episodes show links are available at our WiKi – Show Links: Observed Tech PODCAST Episode 106