Welcome to the second Patch Tuesday of 2013. This one is a whopper of an update cycle because it is addressing over 50 issues across many of Microsoft’s software offerings.
Here shortly you will be able to get these fixes via Windows Update and from the Microsoft Download Center however, they have already posted the monthly ISO image of the February 2013 updates if you typically grab the updates that way.
This DVD5 ISO image file contains the security updates for Windows released on Windows Update on February 12, 2013. The image does not contain security updates for other Microsoft products. This DVD5 ISO image is intended for administrators that need to download multiple individual language versions of each security update and that do not use an automated solution such as Windows Server Update Services (WSUS). You can use this ISO image to download multiple updates in all languages at the same time.
Important: Be sure to check the individual security bulletins at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/bulletin prior to deployment of these updates to ensure that the files have not been updated at a later date.
The below Operating Systems will contain the following number of languages unless otherwise noted:
- Windows XP – 24 languages
- Windows XP x64 Edition – 2 languages
- Windows Server 2003 – 18 languages
- Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition – 11 languages
- Windows Server 2003 for Itanium-based Systems – 4 languages
- Windows Vista – 36 languages
- Windows Vista for x64-based Systems – 36 languages
- Windows Server 2008 – 19 languages
- Windows Server 2008 x64 Edition – 19 languages
- Windows Server 2008 for Itanium-based Systems – 4 languages
- Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 Edition – 19 languages
- Windows Server 2008 R2 for Itanium-based Systems – 4 languages
- Windows 7 – 36 languages
- Windows 7 for x64-based Systems – 36 languages
You can grab the image at the February 2013 Security Release ISO Image at the Download Center.