Welcome to Episode 56 of the Observed Tech PODCAST. I am just back from Microsoft’s Annual TechEd Conference in Orlando, Florida and had a great time talking to vendors and others about where computing is heading. The future is quite dynamic for many reasons.
In this show we cover items from the past week such as the mysterious announcement that is coming on Monday from Los Angeles; Bing partnering with Yelp and Qwiki to enhance search results; free Xbox Live Gold weekend until 17 June; pizza from a vending machine; YouTube and paid subscriptions to cable content; Verizon shares data plans amongst family members; Paramount now has their own app on the Xbox 360 dashboard for streaming movies and shows; Xbox 360 Spring update is rolling out; Twitter tweaks trends for users; Seton Hall freshman all get a Nokia Lumia 900 Windows Phone; Windows 8 and your business; TiVo and PayPal partnering for purchases from your TiVo; building a Windows Phone App in 30 days with Generation App; NASA moves to the cloud and save $1 million bucks; get notified when overhead imagery updates on Google Maps/Earth; more Silver Surfers online these days; Xbox 360 still has two years in it according to Microsoft; Office 365 tips and training materials and Hotmail Metro Screenshots.
We wrap up with a look at the past week on WindowsObserver.com.
Check out the notes below for links to all the sources.
Enjoy and as always thanks for listening!
- Download Episode 56
- Subscribe in iTunes
- Subscribe in Zune
- Subscribe to Observed Tech PODCAST RSS Feed
- Subscribe to Observed Tech PODCAST by Email
- A Microsoft tablet would be a big deal, at least for Microsoft (GeekWire)
- Bing partners with Qwiki and Yelp to bring a better search experience (Liveside)
- Free Xbox Live Gold weekend begins (Console Monster)
- Can pizza vending machine finally cure our munchies? (Crave)
- YouTube Is Exploring Paid Subscriptions (Mashable)
- Verizon shared data plans reset wireless economics; AT&T to follow (ZDNet Between The Lines)
- A mysterious Monday announcement and more Microsoft rumors- is there anything we DO know? (Liveside)
- Paramount releases app for the Xbox 360 to stream rented or purchased movies (The Verge)
- Xbox 360 Spring system update released (Console Monster)
- Twitter tweaks its algorithm to better tailor trends to your tastes (The Next Web)
- Entire Seton Hall freshman class getting Windows Phone (GeekWire)
- How Windows 8 Will Work for Your Business (Windows for your Business Blog)
- TiVo and PayPal pair up for purchases through TV (c|net)
- Generation App, helping you build a Windows Phone app in 30 days (WP Central)
- NASA’s move to the cloud saves $1 million a year (ZDNet Between The Lines)
- Get Email Alerts when New Aerial Images are available for your Area (Digital Inspiration)
- Make room for your grandparents. The Silver Surfer population is growing according to latest research (The Next Web)
- Microsoft exec: Xbox 360 has ‘a lot more than two years’ left (GeekWire)
- Office 365 – Tools, tips, training and tricks for beginners (The Windows Club)
- More screenshots of Metro-style Hotmail leaked (Liveside)
WindowsObserver.com Week in Review:
- Tweetro Windows 8 App for Twitter Updated
- At MSTechEd 2012 Geeks Give Back to the Community
- MSTechEd: Office365 Command Center Chairs
- In and Around Microsoft TechEd North America Day 1 Review
- Welcome to Microsoft TechEd North America #MSTechEd
Date Produced: 15 June 2012
Format: MP3, 128KBPS
This PODCAST is a member of the TechPodcast Network.