It has been a busy week for the popular video based website Vimeo. Last week they unveiled their year long renovations for Vimeo.com and this week they release an official Vimeo app for the Windows Phone.
This app has been optimized for Windows Phone 7.5 (Mango) and brings you the following features:
- Watch and manage all your existing Vimeo videos
- Watch videos from your Vimeo inbox, Watch Later queue, or videos you have liked
- Easily like, comment on, and add videos to your Watch Later queue
- Discover new and fascinating featured videos
- Quickly search for videos on Vimeo
- Easily upload your footage in HD
- Pause and resume uploads
- Replace existing videos
- Edit titles, descriptions, tags, privacy settings, and credits
- Share via Facebook, Twitter, email, or SMS
- Add videos to your Groups, Channels, and Albums
- Get stats on plays, likes, and comments
To try out the app I played the Project Yosemite video which I wrote about last week on my LG Quantum Windows Phone to see how the video would look compared to the full HD experience on a desktop machine and it was very impressive. Smooth video with no stuttering and I was not aware of any buffering either.
It is very encouraging to see such a big player come to the Windows Phone platform with their service. I hope other big companies and name brands see the value in the Windows Phone marketplace and do the same.