Skype is by far one of the premier video conferencing services on the web. In fact Microsoft bought Skype last October 2011 for $8.5 billion believing in the promise that Skype will continue to bring amazing technology to not only Microsoft, but video conferencing technology as a whole.
“Skype is a phenomenal product and brand that is loved by hundreds of millions of people around the world,” said Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer. “We look forward to working with the Skype team to create new ways for people to stay connected to family, friends, clients and colleagues — anytime, anywhere.”
Today Skype and Microsoft want to offer you some fun free tips while using the Skype service.
Here’s a sampling of some of our Skype tips:
– Taking off to another country? Use a flag emoticon in your Skype instant messages, such as (flag:uk) to show off your destination!
– Want to start calling your friends on Facebook using Skype? Just get the latest Windows or Mac version of Skype and start making video calls from Skype to your Facebook friends.
– Set up your Skype voicemail to take messages when you’re offline. Just go to Tools/Options/Calls/Show Advanced Options and select ‘Voicemail’, then click ‘Send unanswered calls to voicemail.’
– Run a blog or website? Let visitors call you by adding a Skype Click to Call button to your blog or website.
– Feeling creative? Rename your Skype group chat with something fun!
– Want to look up your contact quickly on Skype for Mac? Hit option-command-F to open the search box.
– Looking to spice up your Skype chats a bit? Be a little cheeky and add a Skype emoticon.