If you read Hotmail in your Outlook client then you will get a prompt the next time you use it to upgrade to the latest Hotmail Connector software that just went public today.
In fact, until you do that upgrade you will be unable to access Hotmail in Outlook.
Here is a summary of the updates from the Microsoft Office Blog:
- Several send/receive issues are fixed.
- The Outlook junk email filter within Outlook is turned off for Hotmail accounts (this was erroneously flagging good mail as junk). Junk messages are now detected at the Hotmail mail server. Any entries you made in Outlook for the junk email filters (Safe Senders, Blocked Senders, and Safe Recipients) continue to work correctly and synchronize between Outlook and the Hotmail mail server.
- Fixes for hangs and crashes experienced when sending meetings using the Hotmail Connector and when adding a new Hotmail account to an existing profile.
- Fix for an issue where Windows Live contacts’ birthdays and anniversaries shifted by one day when synchronized with Outlook.
- Fix for an issue that blocked synchronization of the Category property in an Outlook contact with Windows Live.
If you would prefer to download the connector directly then just use the links below from the Microsoft Download Center:
For Outlook 2010, Office Outlook 2007, or Office Outlook 2003 32-bit:
For Outlook 2010 64-bit: