With the release of the Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 Service Pack 1 scheduled for next week the Microsoft Support network is fired up and publishing information that will be useful for many as they install the service pack.
Internet Explorer 9
- Describes a problem in which an incorrect language version of Internet Explorer 9 RC is installed and you receive error code 0x800f0902 when you try to install Internet Explorer 9 RC by using Windows Update.
- This article describes how to remove your Office Suite when it fails to uninstall and provides a Fix it solution for one click resolution.
- Describes the issue in which you cannot view a list in Datasheet view after you install the 64-bit version of Office 2010.
- When you try to install an update to Windows, install a Windows component, install a Microsoft or third-party software program, you may experience one or more of the below listed symptoms.
- Provides an overview of Windows support for the emerging large (4K) sector drives. Also includes support information for non-OS Microsoft products when they are used with 4K drives. Information about known compatibility issues is included.
- Describes an issue in which it takes longer to remove an eSATA hard disk drive from a computer that is running Windows 7 SP1 than from a computer that is running Windows 7.
After you put a Windows Explorer window into full-screen mode on a secondary monitor, the navigation bar does not appear on a computer that is running Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2
- Fixes a problem in which the navigation bar does not appear in the full-screen mode of Windows Explorer on a secondary monitor.
- Need content that better explains a Windows 7 Service Pack 1 installation blocker if an older version of Forefront Client Security or Security Essentials is installed.
- Describes an issue that occurs when you try to install Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 or for Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Provides support information for Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 and for Windows Server 2008 R2. Also describes how to obtain this service pack.
- Provides a list of applications that are known to have compatibility issues with Windows 7 SP1 and with Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
- Describes the available security events in Windows 7 and in Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Fixes an issue in which the brightness setting for the "Plugged in" profile is changed to the same brightness setting as the "On Battery" profile after you restart Windows 7.
- Describes a scenario in which you may notice what seem to be unexpected results when you use Read permissions for Everyone on a shared folder.