This collection of recent articles at the Microsoft Support site cover Windows 7, Office 2010 and IE9.
- Windows 7 may connect to a guest network instead of a corporate network
- Fixes an issue in which a computer that is running Windows 7 may connect to a guest network instead of a corporate network. This issue occurs after you deploy IEEE 802.1X wireless settings for the corporate network on the computer by using Group Policy.
- Windows 7 does not connect to an IEEE 802.1X-authenticated network if an invalid certificate is installed
- Fixes a connection issue in which a computer that is running Windows 7 cannot be connected to an IEEE 802.1X-authenticated network if an invalid certificate for IEEE 802.1X authentication is installed.
- New files that are added to a CD-RW disc may be missing after multiple burns on a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2
- Describes a problem in which new files that are added to a CD-RW disc may be missing after multiple burns on a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2.
- You cannot access shared files or shared printers in Windows 7 or in Windows Server 2008 R2
- Fixes an issue in which you cannot access shared files or shared printers from a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2. The computer is under a heavy load situation.
- A TIFF file is displayed with black horizontal lines in Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 7
- Provides a hotfix for a display problem that occurs when you view a TIFF file in Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 7.
- "Word did not save the document" error message when you try to save a document in Windows 7 or in Windows Server 2008 R2
- Fixes an issue that occurs when you open an earlier version of a document from the same WebDAV site by using Office Word in Windows 7 or in Windows Server 2008 R2.
- DVD playback may stop intermittently when you play a DVD in Windows Media Center and enable DVD subtitles in Windows 7
- Fixes an issue that occurs when you use Windows Media Center to play a DVD and enable DVD subtitles in Windows 7.
- Windows Live Mail stops responding or fails to start after installing KB2454826
- When you start Windows Live Mail after you install Windows Update KB2454826, Windows Live Mail may not start successfully.
- Windows 7 Task Manager may show a brief spike in network utilization
- Task Manager may indicate a brief, one to three second burst of network activity when an NDIS miniport driver network statistic cache is cleared.
- A touch screen does not work correctly after you resume a Windows 7-based computer from sleep
- Describes an issue in which the multi-touch function does not work after you awaken a Windows 7-based computer from sleep or from hibernation. A workaround is provided.
- New command missing in Windows Explorer
- After you install Internet Explorer with the Windows Desktop Update component, the following symptoms may occur: When you click the File menu in Windows Explorer, the New command may be missing.
- System Restore points are deleted after you restart your Windows 7-based computer
- You set Windows 7 to create System Restore points but notice that your system restore points have been deleted when you restart your computer.
- "Cannot open the specified file" error when you click a hyperlink in a Microsoft Office 2010 document
- Describes a problem in which you receive the error message "Cannot open the specified file." when you click a hyperlink in a Microsoft Office 2010 document.
Internet Explorer 9
- Information about a URL encoding change in Windows Internet Explorer 7
- Describes a URL encoding change in Windows Internet Explorer 7. Because of this change, if there is a large volume of data that must be sent to the server, this data should be included in the body of the POST request.
- "There is a problem with this website’s security certificate" when you try to visit a secured website in Internet Explorer
- Describes how an organization can resolve the issue of a security certificate warning message.
- The Drive Letter Access add-on is not compatible with Internet Explorer 8
- This article describes how to fix an incompatibility between Sonic Drive Letter Access and Internet Explorer 8.