For those who may have never heard of them the Microsoft Fix It troubleshooters help you troubleshoot and fix common errors on your PC.
23 updated troubleshooters have been posted to the Microsoft Download Center and you can either download them all and store them locally or just grab the specific one(s) you need.
Here are the ones being provided on this download page:
- Audio Playback
- Audio Recording
- Home Group
- IE Add On
- IE Performance
- MSN Client
- Set Up TV Tuner
- Time Zones
- Windows Firewall
- Windows Update
- Win File Folder
- Win Media Security
- Win Security
From the list later in this article, download and run the Mats_run.exe file whose name most closely matches the issue that you are experiencing.
When you run the Mats_run.exe file, a wizard will guide you through the troubleshooting experience. The troubleshooter downloads and installs the required components, and then analyzes your computer to look for issues that can be resolved automatically. You can select between the following options:
- Detect the problems and apply the fixes for me This option automatically fixes all problems that are detected
- Detect problems and let me select the fixes to apply This option lets you select which issues to fix.
Note Not all the options are available for all troubleshooters. If the problem cannot be fixed by the troubleshooter automatically, the wizard will guide you through additional support options and resources that are available to help you resolve this problem.
- Supported Operating Systems:Windows 7;Windows Server 2003;Windows Server 2008;Windows Server 2008 R2;Windows Vista;Windows XP
- An active Internet connection
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
- Microsoft Powershell 1.0 or 2.0 (if Powershell is not present, the troubleshooter will download and install Powershell 1.0 for you)
- Microsoft MSXML 6.0 (if MSXML is not present, the troubleshooter will download and install it for you)