For your easy reference here is the latest collection of recent Microsoft Support Knowledge Base articles that I have caught in the RSS feeds.
Internet Explorer 9
- Discusses how to troubleshoot issues when you use Internet Explorer to view a single website or to access webmail.
- Describes how to troubleshoot the problem when hyperlinks do not work in Internet Explorer
- Describes the prerequisites for installing Internet Explorer 9 Beta.
- Describes problems that can occur with Web sites that were created for older browsers when you use Internet Explorer 8 or Internet Explorer 9 Beta. It describes several workarounds that you can use to deal with this problem.
- Describes the Office 2010 bug that is resolved in the hotfix package that is dated December 14, 2010.
- Describes an issue that may occur when the Microsoft .NET Framework installation on the computer is damaged or is missing.
- Describes how the security update that is described in Microsoft Security Advisory MS10-105 lets users and administrators control when and how Microsoft Office loads images in Office programs by setting the "Allow List" in the registry.
- This Advisory Services scenario is to help customers who are in the proactive planning stages of an Office client deployment and would like to work through their plans with our team and address questions that they have encountered in the planning.
- Describes how to determine which type of license was used to purchase a 2007 or a 2010 Office suite.
- Upload multiple documents to SharePoint 2003 fails if the Office 2010 client is installed on the machine.
- This article describes how to change the Internet Protocol (IP) range for the Internet Connection Sharing Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) service.
- The Bluetooth printer port driver in Windows 7 does not support power management and causes the system to hang when the port is active during shutdown.
- When the parent and child folder have different permissions, two security entries are returned, which causes Explorer to treat the folder as though it is shared.
- Discusses the error that occurs during Windows installation and provides resolutions.
- The value that holds the dedicated video memory size and that MSInfo32.exe uses to populate Adapter RAM is stored in the registry as a signed 32-bit integer. As a result, the value is only capable of storing a positive integer that is under 2 GB in size. If the dedicated video memory on the graphics adapter is 2 GB or greater, MSInfo32.exe will incorrectly report the amount and will also display it as a negative number.
- Event error fired on MUI and NON-MUI based versions of Windows 7 where another local other then English is installed or is set as the Primary Language / Local. This is a known bug, but perf counter tools function correctly.
- When playing back video in Now Playing mode and “View full screen” has been enabled, enabling video plug-ins from the drop-down menu may not work or cause playback to reset.
- Describes a performance and functionality update for Windows 7 and for Windows Server 2008 R2. This update affects the graphics platform, Media Foundation, and XPS-based applications.
- Discusses the release of the Malicious Software Removal Tool to help remove specific prevalent malicious software from computers that are running Windows 7 Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, or Windows XP.
- On Windows 7 multiprocessor system, a USB device which resumes from suspend (D2) may intermittantly receive a bus reset. This will cause the device to be removed and re-enumerated. During this time the USB device will reset.
- Describes an issue in which a "Consider replacing your battery" warning is displayed after you upgrade to Windows 7. The issue occurs on LG notebooks, including the R500 family of notebooks.
- While using the Magnifier accessibility tool, you may experience display corruption if you have enabled the color inversion option and have rotated the display 90° or more.
- After using the Disk Management feature in Computer Management, you may experience high CPU usage and notice some application window flickering.