Michael Klucher, a Lead program Manager for XNA Development at Microsoft, posted today about an update to the Xbox Live Extras application on Windows Phone 7.
For those who may not know the Xbox Live Extras app provides you an enhanced interaction with your Xbox Live avatar and profile through the Game Hub on a Windows Phone 7 handset. You can do quite a few things you would normally do on Xbox.com or in Xbox Live on your console.
With the Games Hub on your Windows Phone 7 and the Extras installed you now get that functionality in the palm of your hand.
Here are the areas that are being updated with this release:
- New countries and languages
- French, Italian, German and Spanish
- Manage Xbox Live friends on your Windows Phone
- Accept and reject new requests; manage your existing friends list
- Additional new features:
- Avatar animations
- Updated Configuration options
- Avatar motto displayed with your avatar
- Stability improvements
I just got prompted to download the update on my LG Quantum as I started preparing this post so if you want the update head into the marketplace and it should be there.
As of this posting the update was not showing in the Zune Marketplace.