We knew earlier this year that the submission and listing of plug-ins for various Windows Live programs was going to change and now the new site has gone live with plug-ins for Windows Live Photo Gallery, Movie Maker and Writer.
The Writer section has the most plug-ins already submitted and available for download (177) followed by the Photo Gallery (11) and then Movie Maker (3).
The layout is very simple and gives you several ways to sort the plugins to find what your looking for.
Along with the revamped gallery is the change in how developers submit their plug-ins:
We’re excited that you’re considering sharing your plug-in with the Photo Gallery, Movie Maker, and/or Writer user communities! This process should be followed for each new or updated plug-in you’d like to appear on this website.
Plug-in submission process:
- Author emails firstname.lastname@example.org (Windows Live Essentials Plug-ins) including the following information:
- Author name
- Author contact email address
- Plug-in name
- Plug-in description
- Plug-in primary language (ex: English; if your plug-in supports multiple languages, please choose one)
- Writer plug-in category (if your plug-in works with Windows Live Writer, pick exactly one):
- Photo Gallery plug-in category (if your plug-in works with Windows Live Photo Gallery, pick exactly one):
- Movie Maker plug-in category (if your plug-in works with Windows Live Movie Maker, pick exactly one):
- Plug-in tags (up to five sets of one or two words that best describe the plug-in)
- Plug-in installer MSI file. This can be zipped and attached to your email (the MSI must be within a zip file) or you can provide a link to the file online (you could upload it to Windows Live SkyDrive for example).
- Windows Live team adds new/updated plug-in information and MSI installer to this website.
- Windows Live team notifies plug-in author that plug-in has been listed/updated.
The old gallery location at http://gallery.live.com/ now only shows Windows Vista and SideShow apps/gadgets.