There once was a program called One Care that did things like:
- Multi-PC and home network management
- Printer sharing support
- Start time optimizer
- Proactive fixes and recommendations
- WiFi Security
- Centralized backup
- Online photo backup
Since then elements of that program became what we now know as Microsoft Security Essentials which does a terrific job of protecting your PC from malware and viruses. Windows 7 also provides many of the other above features as well so Windows Live OneCare was discontinued.
Well did you know that you can still scan your PC using Windows Live OneCare technologies?
The scanners focus on four key areas and you can opt to run these individually or as an entire series of tests:
- Safety – help ensure the health of your PC. Check for and remove viruses; Get rid of junk on your hard disk; Improve your PC’s performance
- Protection – Keep hackers and unwanted software at bay and learn about some quick ways to keep your PC secure.
- Clean Up – Lots of things get saved on your PC that you don’t need. Some are benign. Some slow you down. And some let prying eyes track what you do on your PC.
- Tune Up – Use our free tune up scan to see if you should defragment your hard disk to help improve performance, and then let us do it for you.
Go on over and try these scanners out on your system to see if your in the best shape you can be in.