Nothing like a birthday to give you a chance to look back on the past and into the future.
TweetDeck did this recently with a blog post that shows the growth they have experienced in their two years of being one of the best third party Twitter apps around. Of course that best statement is my personal opinion because TweetDeck is my client of choice for Twitter.
You can read the entire post at TweetDeck: Two Infinity And Beyond but let me highlight some of the key numbers they shared:
- TweetDeck Desktop app downloaded over 15 million times
- TweetDeck iPad app downloaded over 2.5 million times
- 30,000 images uploaded via TweetDeck every day
- about 4 million tweets sent every day via TweetDeck
- 5 times more outbound tweets via TweetDeck then their closest competitor
Amazing numbers so when they promise that the next year will be very interesting in TweetDeck’s evolution I believe them and I intend to be along for the ride.
I have tried other third party desktop apps and I am rarely gone from TweetDeck for any significant amount of time because it just provides the right mix of features that fit the way I tweet and follow Twitter.
I do wonder though when they will finally leave the beta status. Two years is a very long time to be in beta isn’t it?
So, what is your favorite Twitter desktop client?