Interested in learning a little bit more about phishing – what it is and how you can protect yourself?
Here are some resources at the Microsoft Safety Website:
- Anti-Phishing Technologies Overview
- Microsoft’s Approach to Anti-Phishing
- Microsoft Phishing Filter at a Glance
- Anti-Phishing Guidance for Small Businesses
- Microsoft Phishing Filter
- Phishing Filter FAQ
- Anti-Phishing White Paper
- Help Protect Against Phishing Fraud
There is a never ending flow of attempts to get your personal data and there is only one reason it continues to happen. That is because people continue to respond to it. The minute it is no longer of value then it will stop.
Things like phishing work off of sheer bulk. Think about it. If they send their phishing attempt to lets say 10,000 random emails and only 1% of those receiving the email respond to it that means they will have 100 individuals information.
Be Careful, Be Educated, Be Safe.