Today I received an email from MSN that offered a preview of the New MSN. When you click on the tour button your taken to http://www.tourmsn.com.
There are three videos that introduce the new features and feature Joel McHale, Julie Bowen and Brian Baumgartner with a Barber Shop Quartet.
The key features they are showing off are (from Tour MSN page):
- Hotmail On Your Homepage: See when email hits your inbox, right from the homepage.
- Social Networking Simplified: Update your Facebook status or post a tweet all from the homepage.
- Local Info Around the Clock: MSN Local is tailored to your town with local headlines and information, weather, news and events.
- Bing and Decide: Find what you’re looking for – fast – with powerful search results from Bing, including a Popular Searches sidebar.
- Incredible Content: Don’t miss out on the top stories. From important national news to sports scores, MSN keeps you in the know.
- A New Look You’ll Love: The new MSN homepage makes it easier to find exactly what you’re looking for.
The catch phrase for this redesign seems to be Know Now and I am sure this redesign is going to align with the release of Windows Live Wave 4 which may be in the near future.
One last thing – want to see the preview and skip the tour? The live preview of the new homepage is at http://www.msn.com/Preview.aspx