The first bumper crop of security updates for Microsoft Windows and Office will be released next Tuesday, 09 Feb 2010. There are 13 issues that are being addressed in this month’s Patch Tuesday.
Some of the initial details:
- 11 impact Microsoft Windows
- 2 impact Microsoft Office
- 5 have a severity rating of Critical
- 7 have a severity rating of Important
- 1 has a severity rating of Moderate
- The Windows versions affected are:
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows 7
- The Office versions affected are:
- Office XP
- Office 2003
- Office 2004 for Mac
This month will also include the usual Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool as well.
Microsoft will release more detailed information about each issue on Patch Tuesday. If you want to receive these advance notifications just head over to the Microsoft Technical Security Notifications page and sign up.