What can you expect in the updates? Well as usual they are not providing heavy details until after the patches are released but they do let us know what software and how many patches are coming.
So for a quick run down here is what you should see depending on your system configuration and installed software:
- Three bulletins being released and addressed.
- Two impact Windows and one is for Office.
- One is labeled a Critical issue and the other two are Important.
The various programs or OS’s these updates address are:
- Microsoft Groove 2007 (Service Pack 2)
- Microsoft Windows
- Windows XP SP3
- Windows XP Professional x64 SP2
- Windows Server 2003 SP2
- Windows Server 2003 x64 SP2
- Windows Vista SP1/SP2
- Windows Vista X64 SP1/SP2
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 SP2
- Windows Server 2008 x64
- Windows Server 2008 x64 SP2
- Windows 7
- Windows 7 SP1
- Windows 7 x64
- Windows 7 x64 SP1
- Windows Server 2008 R2 x64
- Windows Server 2008 R2 X64 SP1
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Itanium
There will also be an updated version of the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool provided.
So make sure your automatic updates are turned on (best practice) or head to Windows Update on Tuesday to manually get your patches.