No you are not seeing double or experiencing déjà vu – this headline says the Xbox Music app has arrived and my previous post said that the Xbox Video app had arrived – both of them for Windows Phone 8.
I must admit these stand alone music and video apps were a surprise because Xbox Music and Xbox Video are already integrated in Windows Phone under the Music & Videos hub.
However, both of these now get their own space to shine.
Want the latest and greatest Xbox Music features on your phone? With the Xbox Music app and your Xbox Music Pass you can explore, stream and download millions of songs on your device. It’s the best way to get all the music you love on your Windows Phone.
Features of Xbox Music include:
- See artist details with pictures, bios, album lists, and related artists
- Manage your personal music collection, shared across all of your devices
- Explore top songs, featured artists, and recommended albums to easily discover new music
- Download songs for offline playback
- Create and manage playlists that automatically sync across your pc, tablet, Xbox, and the web
- Radio instantly creates playlists based on your favorite artists
- Stream ad-free music from a catalog of tens of millions of songs
One caveat to the app though is that you must have an Xbox Music Pass subscription which costs $99 per year. You can sign up at music.xbox.com
Download Xbox Music from the Windows Phone Store.