Welcome to Episode 107. Big week as Microsoft announced their second generation Surface devices in NYC on Monday but it is not the only news for the podcast as we had plenty to talk about across several areas.
Of course that announcement brought out the varying views on the devices and their capabilities and of course cost so we dive into that in this show as well.
Some other news items we bring into the discussion in this episode include:
- Awesome science geek Instagram accounts
- Five weird videogame facts
- Preps begin at Microsoft for Windows 8.1 arrival with a couple of software updates
- A Surface Mini is likely coming but will be next year
- Google will improve YouTube comments by making everyone use Google+ to make them
- Microsoft needs to remember their software as they become a device and services company
- Touch first apps for Microsoft Office
- Original Surface Pro and Surface RT will remain available after second generation Surface hits the shelves
- iPhone 5S markup
- Windows ecosystem is quite healthy
- Microsoft Security Essentials is good enough
- Let Windows XP have a dignified death
- Yes old slow Windows XP computers can be upgraded to Windows 8
- Tonido cloud storage on Windows 8 devices will have a hard time beating SkyDrive’s integration
- Microsoft phablets
- Xbox One has to be horizontal
- Deals on Xbox 360 systems at retailers
- Roku updates their hardware
- Another enterprise moves from Gmail to Outlook
Until next time enjoy the show and thanks for listening.
- Download Episode 107
- Subscribe in iTunes
- Subscribe in Zune
- Subscribe to Observed Tech PODCAST RSS Feed
- Subscribe to Observed Tech PODCAST by Email
Date Produced: 26 September 2013
Format: MP3, 128KBPS
This PODCAST is a proud member of the TechPodcast Network.
All of this episodes show links are available at our WiKi – Show Links: Observed Tech PODCAST Episode 107