Seems everything relating to the Xbox franchise is getting an update as the date for the Xbox One’s availability gets closer.
Recently the fall dashboard update was released and it brought about the end of Microsoft Points on the console for purchasing things from the newly renamed Xbox Games Store .
Now Xbox Live Rewards members have been informed by email that the new version of the loyalty program has gone live – pun intended.
Some of the new features that are available now include:
- Earn Rewards Credits, turn them into cash, spend them at the Xbox Stores.
- You achieved, now receive more! Introducing a new MyAchievements VIP tier for our most dedicated gamers.
- Get paid to play! Introducing a new reward for playing the latest games.
- Knock out new Punchcards – now easier and faster to get your Rewards!
- Keep earning by renewing your Gold membership, spending at the Xbox Stores, referring your friends, taking surveys and more!
When you accomplish certain things in the program you will be rewarded with Reward Credits which are converted to your local currency when they are cashed in. Reward Credits that you earn range from 1,000 credits for referring a friend and up to 5,000 credits for completing a Map Pack Punchcard which requires 5 map pack purchases to complete.
Now, before you get too far down the road dreaming of the riches you will earn, the conversion rate is 5,000 Reward Credits will equal $5.
However, despite the conversation rate, if you are an Xbox Live Gold member and Xbox 360 gamer then signing up makes sense because at least you get a little back from money and time you are already spending on the console.
To learn more about the program and to get signed up check out the http://rewards.xbox.com/ website.