Still catching your breath from the two hour live stream Windows 10 event earlier today?
I have no doubt you and I are not the only ones either.
The vibe on Twitter continues to be very positive and especially as you see the various tech reporters come out of the HoloLens demo.
Sounds like it really knocked their socks off to say the least.
Anyway, I posted my summary of the various announcements from the event earlier so now I want to just pull together some of the coverage from the other tech reporting venues.
I always find it very enlightening to read how other people perceived a certain element of the event or a particular announcement so even though some of these titles may sound very much the same be sure to take in the perspective as well.
First lets make sure you have all the official Microsoft related links concerning today’s news:
- Windows 10: The Next Chapter (Webcast on Demand)
- The next generation of Windows: Windows 10 (Blogging Windows)
- Windows 10: A New Generation of Windows (Windows YouTube Channel)
- Windows Insider Program (Windows YouTube Channel)
- Phil Spencer Unveils New Experiences for Xbox One and Windows 10 Gamers (Xbox Wire)
- Microsoft Surface Hub
- Microsoft HoloLens
OK – here is all the other coverage I have selected to share:
- New Windows 10 build for Windows Insiders coming next week (WinBeta)
- WIndows Insider Program is big, 1.7 million big (Neowin)
- Hands on with build 9924 of Windows 10 (Neowin)
- Microsoft readies new Surface Hub conferencing system (All About Microsoft)
- Microsoft to make Windows 10 free to Windows 7, 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 users (All About Microsoft)
- Microsoft unveils Windows 10 (GeekWire)
- Windows 10 Will Be a Free Upgrade (Thurrott.com)
- Microsoft Details New Experiences in Windows 10 (Thurrott.com)
- How Microsoft’s HoloLens Could Crush Google Glass (PC Mag)
- Windows 10 free for all Windows 8.1 and 7 users for first year after release (ARS Technica)
- Windows 10: This Is the One You’ve Been Waiting For (IT Business Edge)
- Windows 10: Finally a Marketing-Driven Product from Microsoft (IT Business Edge)
- Windows 10 Takes Huge Strides to Correct Microsoft’s Massive Mistake (Yahoo! Tech)
- Windows 10 hands-on: Microsoft got it right this time (The Verge)
- This is Windows 10: all the news from Microsoft’s event (The Verge)
- The 9 biggest announcements from Microsoft’s Windows 10 event (The Verge)
- Windows 10 will be a free upgrade for many during its first year (Computer World)
- Microsoft to give away Windows 10 as free upgrade (MSN Money)
- Windows 10- release date, price, news and features (Tech Radar Pro)
- Windows 10 has won over this Windows 7 holdout (Tech Radar Pro)
- Is Office enough to drive enterprise adoption of Windows 10 smartphones (Tech Radar Pro)
- Microsoft Is Bridging the Console-PC Gaming Divide (WSJ Digits)
- Microsoft’s New Spartan Browser Has Built-In Personal Assistant (WSJ Digits)
- Windows 10 Looks Pretty Cool, But Microsoft Is Still So Far Behind (Wired)
- Microsoft commits to a Windows 10 ‘flagship smartphone’ for 2015 (Windows Central)
- Microsoft finally delivers the Windows we really wanted (The Next Web)
- Everything Microsoft announced at its Windows 10 event in one handy list (The Next Web)
- Windows 10: The big questions ahead (ZD Net)
Did I miss any particularly takes on today’s event? Please share a link down in the comments.