Just five days ago we revealed that Brandon Paddock from B Side Software had begun a small private beta for his popular Tweetium App for Windows.
As promised he has opened up that beta now to a larger group of users with the latest build he has posted tonight.
If you previously purchased the Tweetium for Windows app on your Windows desktop then you are eligible to join in on the continuing beta of Tweetium for Windows Phone.
According to Brandon here is what you need to do so that you can install the beta on Windows Phone 8.1 which is the only version of Windows Phone it will run on.
- Open the Windows Phone Store.
- Expand the app bar at the bottom of the screen (swipe or tap the three dots on the side).
- Select “My apps”.
- Find Tweetium in the list and tap it.
- Tap the Install button at the bottom of the screen.
- If the store has a Buy button, pressing it should tell you that you already own the app.
- If instead it asks you to pay, please confirm you already own the Windows version, and that you’re using the same Microsoft account to sign into the store on your phone and PC/tablet.
The latest beta build is Build 200 and that update along with Build 199 brings along updates such as :
- Nav bar layout and API response caching tweaks
- Settings now supported via app bar
- Jump to last read via app bar
- Portrait view supports swiping right and left to navigate between pinned tabs
- Pinned lists and searches on the nav bar support icon view
- Updates some live tile layouts
- Removed News tab from the app which will be replaced by Trending tab in a future build
- Misc fixes
This is a beta so have patience with any issues and make sure you use the User Voice site for Tweetium to send Brandon feedback.
You are in for a real treat with this app on Windows Phone because it is the finest Twitter app out there in my opinion.
Here are some updated screenshots of the new build.