Each quarter Microsoft Support updates a list of the most common issues seen using or deploying Windows 8.
This list can be a great resource if you are troubleshooting things on Windows 8 and is a good starting place and the list is broken down into several areas.
Installing Windows Updates and Hotfixes
- Troubleshoot problems with installing updates
- How do I reset Windows Update components?
- Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer error when you try to install Windows updates
- Error 0x800B0100 when you try to install Windows Updates or Microsoft Updates
- Windows Update freezes when you install updates in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista
- Temporary connection-related errors may occur when you use Windows Update or Microsoft Update
- Error 0x80070424 occurs when you use Windows Update, Microsoft Update, or Windows Firewall
- Error Code 0x80073712 occurs in Windows Update or Microsoft Update
- Error 0x80070005 when you try to install updates by using Microsoft Update or Windows Update
- How to fix errors found in the CheckSUR.log
- Windows Update error 0x800b0100
Modern App Installations/Start Up
- Win8: App: Modern: Modern Apps Fail to Start if the User Profiles or the ProgramData directory are Moved from their Default Location
- Win8: App: Modern: Modern applications fail to start if “Audit the access of global system object” is enabled
- Win8: App: Modern: Apps fail to start if default registry or file permissions modified
- Win8: App: Modern: Application considerations for roaming profiles
- Win8: App: Store related group policy settings
- Win8: App: Modern: Modern UI Apps fail to install with error 0x80073d0a if the Windows Firewall service is disabled
Modern App not seen on Start Screen
Wi-Fi Direct not available after Suspend/Resume
Resuming after system hibernation