Brandon Paddock, the developer behind the latest Twitter app for Windows 8 – Tweetium – has been hard at work since the app first hit the Windows Store last Friday.
The app has also been well received in the last six days as it has already garnered a perfect 5 stars rating in the Windows Store by users.
Today an update has posted to the Windows Store for the app that adds a bunch of new features.
Here is the laundry list of updates, fixes and enhancements Brandon has put into version 1.1:
- Fixed a problem where list, search, and profile views could easily get into a state where they stopped refreshing or loading more tweets
- You can now pin searches and users to the navigation bar via a new context menu
- Any navigation tab can now be unpinned and repinned using the context menu
- Navigation tabs can now be reordered using the context menu
- Users can now be added to lists
- Favorites view added to Me tab
- Links and images now have context menus to open in new windows and copy URLs
- Expanded tweet age/timestamps are now permalinks
- New option to bypass t.co links
- Fixed problem with conversation views scrolling to the top when the touch keyboard was dismissed.
- Improved error handling for tweet submissions.
- Subscribed lists now maintain their pinned status correctly on subsequent sessions.
- Fixed a layout issue for profile view in snapped mode.
- Fixed a rare problem where certain tweets containing particular characters would not appear
- Fixed links for user handles and hashtags in rare cases of overlapping names or tags
- Fixed a crash when using the New Window app bar command from user pages or search result views
- Image previews in grid tiles are now centered consistently
- Support non-square profile images
- Fixed a bug where images in expanded view were sometimes scaled without preserving aspect ratio
- Character remaining count now updates correctly when selecting an autocomplete suggestion via touch or mouse
- Deleting a tweet now closes the conversation view if it was the last tweet there
- Tweaks to portrait and snap layout to fit more in the nav bar
- Expanded tweets/threads can now be pinch-zoomed (mainly to enlarge images)
- Search box text now clears on navigation
- Pinned lists no longer appear in the nav bar on a delay
- Fixed a bug in CTRL+Tab behavior
- Settings now apply to all open windows immediately
- Added missing url and location fields on Me page
- New animations and animation improvements for low-end machines
- New wide tile logo
Now that is what I call a change log. Nice job Brandon.
Download Tweetium for Windows from the Windows Store.