Vine was talked about for months before it was officially announced during Nokia World last month in Abu Dhabi and now the wait is over as the video sharing app has arrived for Windows Phone 8 devices.
- Free, unlimited uploads
- Instantly post videos on Vine, then share to Twitter and Facebook!
- Find, follow, and interact with people close to you
- Explore trending posts, featured hashtags and editor’s picks
- Pin favorite Vine accounts and channels to your home screen
- Connect to Vine from within camera mode
- Pin the Vine camera to your home screen and launch with one tap
Of course we have had Rudy Huhn’s 6sec on Windows Phone for quite some time now and it does a great job at creating and sharing Vines.
I have no doubt there will be comparisons between the two as well and here is my first.
6sec has 6,888 reviews with an average of 4.5 Stars – Vine has no reviews as of right now.
Of course, that is an unfair point because Vine was just released but like I said there is going to be a lot of comparing between these apps over the next several weeks. The reviews from users will be a real measure of how successful the official app is next to the 3rd party offering from Rudy.
It might just go to show that 3rd party apps are more than capable of giving us a genuine experience with some services.
Something to keep an eye on for sure.