Welcome to Episode 99 – our final double digit episode EVER!
If you haven’t been able to tell over the last 5 or 6 episodes I am very excited about reaching the 100th episode of the show. It seems episode 100 is a hallmark event for podcasts, video shows and TV series and is typically celebrated with cake, etc.
Although we will not have cake next week there are plans to mark the episode in a special way. Stay tuned.
Now for the final double digit episode we start in a unique way, that is for a podcast that has a decidedly Microsoft slant to its news content, by having two Apple related stories lead the show. One is about the billionth podcast subscription on iTunes and the second is about their recent developer portal hack.
Then we jump into the other news of this week including several items on Windows Phone, both apps and hardware, and then some Xbox One news that seems to have the console recovering some ground after the challenging launch and reveal process for the next generation console.
Some of the stuff we talk about this week:
- Where’s My App
- Fresh Paint on Windows Phone
- Halo: Spartan Assault not being on Nokia handsets yet
- Windows Phone hardware including the 520, 521 and 625
- Joe Belfiore’s response to recent concerns about lack of updates to the platform
- Xbox One advantages, new features and indie development
- SkyDrive in Windows 8.1 changes how you use the cloud
- Benefits of Skype
- What Microsoft CEO is telling employees about the companies recent financials
- eBay vs Amazon and same day delivery
- Google putting ads in your inbox
- Cosmos TV series will return with Neil deGrasse Tyson hosting
- How to turn off automatic updates in Windows 8.1
- Office 2010 Service Pack 2 released
- Windows 8.1 Preview updates
- Windows 8.1 System Refresh
- Opt Out Browser and Toolbars
- Apple, Hopstop and a Windows Phone App
- Surface RT’s Identity Crisis
- WindowsObserver App on Windows 8
- Reddit users above the clouds Atlas V launch photo
Until next time enjoy the show and thanks for listening!
- Download Episode 99
- Subscribe in iTunes
- Subscribe in Zune
- Subscribe to Observed Tech PODCAST RSS Feed
- Subscribe to Observed Tech PODCAST by Email
Date Produced: 25 July 2013
Format: MP3, 128KBPS
This PODCAST is a proud member of the TechPodcast Network.
All of this episodes show links are available at our WiKi – Show Links: Observed Tech PODCAST Episode 99