If you happen to be running Office 2010 then this news will be of great interest to you as Microsoft has released the newest service pack for their 2010 version of Microsoft Office.
Along with the service pack, which comes in 32 and 64 bit versions, there are also language and filter pack updates.
Here is an overview of the improvements you will see in Service Pack 2:
- Excel 2010 SP2
- Improves the overall stability, performance, and compatibility with other versions of Excel. For a more detailed list of specific issues that the service pack fixes, please download a version of the workbook that is available below.
- Fixes issues in which the performance of Excel decreases, and Excel file sizes become larger when additional built-in styles are copied during the duplication of data between different Excel instances.
- Fixes an issue in which data validation lists that contain comma signs (,) are broken in an .xlsx or .xlsb file. This issue occurs when you set the user locale to a location that does not use comma signs (,) to separate the lists. For example, Germany uses semicolons (;) to separate the lists. When you set Germany as the location, data validation lists that contain commas are all broken.
- Fixes an issue in which an .xlsx file created in Microsoft Office 2013 that contains an App bound to a table is corrupted on save. Additionally, it addresses the issue in which all Agave formulas in the workbook sheet are removed from the file.
- Outlook 2010 SP2
- Fixes the issue regarding the message size of certain long email messages. Additionally, it fixes an issue that occurs when you perform a spell check before you send an email message.
- PowerPoint 2010 SP2
- Improves the quality of videos in a presentation after the videos are optimized or compressed by PowerPoint.
- Fixes issues that occur when you co-author a presentation with other users at the same time.
- Fixes an issue in which Mozilla FireFox crashes when you try to view a presentation in PowerPoint Web App on a Mac computer that has Microsoft Silverlight 3 or Silverlight 4 installed.
- Word 2010 SP2
- Fixes issues regarding bookmarks, fields, track changes, templates, tables, object wrapping, autocorrect options, and email addresses. Additionally, it fixes general reliability issues that occur when you post a blog entry on Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 and Microsoft Office 365 blogs.
Plus all previously released security and bug fixes are rolled into this service pack.
Here are the main Office 2010 Service Pack 2 Downloads:
- Download the Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 2 32-bit
- Download the Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 2 64-bit
- Download the Microsoft Office 2010 Language Pack Service Pack 2 32-bit
- Download the Microsoft Office 2010 Language Pack Service Pack 2 64-bit
- Download the Microsoft Office 2010 Filter Pack Service Pack 2 32-bit
- Download the Microsoft Office 2010 Filter Pack Service Pack 2 64-bit