Today is Patch Tuesday and hopefully everyone has updated their Windows installations with all the security and performance related downloads. Ideally you should have your Windows Update set to automatically download these updates for you.
If for some reason you have a computer system that may not have Internet connectivity then Microsoft has made all of these monthly updates available in a handy ISO image that you can burn to a DVD-ROM and manually install the updates on those disconnected systems.
You can grab the 2.8GB image at the Microsoft Download Center – May 2013 Security Release ISO Image
Now this image only contains the Windows related updates so if these systems have other Microsoft software on them that has been updated you will need to obtain those separately. They are also available at the Microsoft Download Center.
Here are some key links and resources relating to this months updates:
- Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (KB 2829530)
- Security Update for Internet Explorer (KB 2847204)
- Vulnerability in Microsoft Windows (KB 2829254)
- Vulnerabilities in .NET Framework (KB 2836440)
- Vulnerability in Microsoft Lync (KB 2834695)
- Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office (KB 2830397)
- Vulnerability in Microsoft Office (KB 2830399)
- Vulnerability in Microsoft Office (KB 2834692)
- Vulnerability in Microsoft Windows (KB 2813707)
- Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows (KB 2840221)
- Microsoft Customer Protections for May 2013 (MSRC Blog)