Microsoft’s Fix It Solutions automate the process of dealing with issues that may crop up on your Windows based PC. So instead of you having to manually edit the registry or make other changes these automated tools do the work for you.
Here are the Top Ten Fix It Solutions across all problem areas:
- Windows Aero Glass visual effects are not working or displayed – Automatically diagnose and fix visual Aero Glass effects problems when transparencies are not working on your computer or borders are not transparent.
- Diagnose and repair Windows File and Folder Problems automatically – Automatically diagnose and repair problems with files and folders in Windows, like deleting files or folders from the recycle bin, or trying to copy, move, rename or delete a file.
- Fix Windows (live) Photo Gallery problems in Windows 7 and Vista – Fix Windows photo gallery issues, such as the yellow tint background, you can’t view photos, program doesn’t work or freezes, screensaver not working.
- Fix Windows Desktop Search when it crashes or not showing results – Automatically repair Windows Desktop Search problems, when search is not started, doesn’t work as expected or when desktop search shows no results.
- Fix power consumption problems and extend the laptop battery life – Automatically detect and set Windows power options that affect computer power usage. Improve the laptop battery life with the right Windows power plan.
- Fix Windows Media Player video, and other media or library issues – Automatically repair Windows Media Player problems when the player doesn’t start, streaming doesn’t work or when you cannot browse or search for media.
- Fix broken desktop shortcuts and common system maintenance tasks – Automatically diagnose and repair problems with broken or not working desktop shortcuts and synchronize the system clock when a wrong time is displayed.
- Fix Windows display problems that text on monitor is not readable – Automatically repair display quality issues that readability of text is poor when display settings is not optimal or video driver is not compatible.
- Fix problems with CD or DVD drives that can’t read or write media – Diagnose and repair CD or DVD drive issues, when you cannot burn or play CD or DVD discs, when a drive is not found, not accessible or not connected.
- Playing video files crashes or freezes Internet Explorer – Windows – Automatically diagnose and fix Internet Explorer or Windows applications when it freezes or stops responding caused by codecs when playing video files.